Your pet is a unique individual with healthcare needs that are specific to his or her age, breed, lifestyle, and other considerations. At All Creatures Animal Hospital, our dedicated staff will work with you to create a personalized wellness approach to meet your cat’s or dog’s needs for optimal long-term health.
At every checkup we will examine your pet from nose to tail. If it’s your first visit with us, we’ll gather any previous medical history and take some extra time to get acquainted with your pet. We’ll ask you about any changes in his or her behavior, activity level, and eating habits, and we welcome any questions you might have about your pet’s health.
Your pet’s doctor will also discuss the following considerations during your pet’s visit:
- Vaccines: We customize our vaccine recommendations according to your pet’s lifestyle, age, and the presence of any chronic conditions — especially conditions that suppress the immune system.
- Proper nutrition: Did you know that proper nutrition is an important aspect of preventive care? Our experienced doctors can explain your pet’s nutritional needs and help you choose the right diet.
- Behavioral concerns: Undesirable behavior can make the time you spend with your pet less enjoyable. We can help by suggesting ways to correct unwanted behavior, such as excessive barking, clawing, or potty problems.
- Parasite prevention: Fleas, ticks, heartworms, and other parasites can cause problems that range from minor irritation to serious — even fatal — conditions. Your pet’s doctor can recommend the appropriate preventive products for your individual pet.
- Microchipping: Implanting a microchip is as simple as administering a vaccine. Your pet’s doctor can thoroughly outline the advantages of microchipping at your pet’s next appointment.
- Early disease detection: Your pet’s doctor might suggest bloodwork, or urine or fecal samples to check for the presence of underlying conditions. Uncovering diseases early on can greatly improve your pet’s prognosis.
We are always here to answer any questions you might have about your pet’s care. Please call us to schedule your pet’s annual checkup.